Our Safety Protocols
An Update from Jay B. Lubliner, DMD, PLLC
In addition to the already vigorous safety standards we have always performed, we have now added the following check in and treatment procedures:
- Questionnaires: You will be asked a series of screening questions both at the time your appointment is made, as well as at check-in time.
- Vitals: Upon arrival, your temperature, pulse and oxygen saturation level will be taken.
- Minimizing the number of patients in the office: When you arrive, call our office from your car to check in. We will advise you when it is safest to enter the building to minimize your contact with other patients.
- Hand washing and sanitizing stations: We will ask you to wash your hands prior to entering the treatment rooms.
- Pre-treatment oral rinse: You will be asked in the treatment room to rinse with an anti-microbial mouth wash prior to your dental care.
- PPE: We will be wearing N95 masks, surgical gowns, face shields, eye protection, nitrile gloves and head coverings. You will hardly recognize us.
- Barriers: There will be many more physical barriers in the office. From clear plastic barriers at reception desk, to disposable plastic barriers in the treatment rooms, we are greatly reducing the risk of cross contamination.
- Disinfectants: All surfaces in treatment and non- treatment areas will be regularly and vigorously wiped down with the highest level disinfectants designed for hospital and healthcare facilities. We have allocated additional time in between patients to allow for in depth cleaning.
- Air Filtration: All treatment rooms will be equipped with anti-viral HEPA filtration units capable of cleaning the air and sanitizing any microbes with UV light.